Well if you haven’t heard, I’m allergic to eggs so I had to get my son Brett to help me with this recipe. I was looking for something that Brett and my boyfriend Jerry could just grab quickly for breakfast during the week. Jerry and Brett also said they want to start a lower carb diet. So we came up with this. This recipe is simple, low carb and paleo friendly.
- Ham or turkey (I used thin sliced ham). You will need a total of 12 slices to make 6 egg cups
- 1/2 cup chopped Tomatos
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- Handful of chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 6 Eggs (whisked)
- Dash of hot sauce for each egg cup
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F.
- Grease your muffin pan with cooking spray or spread coconut oil in them. (This recipe is only for 6 egg cups)
- Place Two slices of ham in each muffin cup. I did them in a cross pattern to ensure the eggs stay inside the ham cup
- Next place some spinach into the ham cup. Again i did this to endure the eggs stay inside the cup
- Crack eggs into a bowl whisk the eggs until they are smooth
- Next add to the bowl of eggs tomato and onions and stir
- Pour the egg mixture evenly into each ham cup
- Lastly Sprinkle cheese on the top of each egg come and then add a dash of hot sauce
Place the egg cups in the oven and bake for 15 minutes!
Doesn’t get easier than that! What’s great about this recipe is you can add any veggies you want or any seasoning. Don’t like scrambled eggs? Place a whole egg in the cup instead and cook a few minutes longer. The cups will come out with a over hard egg!
Keep a couple of these on hand in the refrigerator during the work week for a quick breakfast. You could also freeze these a week in advance (place in individual sandwich bags. Make sure to get all the air out of the bag. Then place in a ziploc container). Pop them in the microwave for 45 second and you are done!